I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by one of my favorite bloggers at The Brother’s Campfire ! In fact, he offered me Smores at the campfire to go with my tequila after this nomination came in on the very day of my epic meltdown some days ago… thank you friend!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma, A Luxury, Beauty and Fashion Blog. From her blog, I quote,
“So many blogs that are still a mystery to us; and when we get to know them, it’s divine! And we find friends where we least expect.”
Put the award logo/image on your blog- Check
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog- Check
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well- Check
Answer the 5 questions you were asked – scratch that – Mr. Overachiever listed 13 questions.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself: 1) I’m really not crazy- it’s just an act to keep people at arm’s length. 2) I am pretty weird though. 3) I’m honest and straightforward
Like my friend, I am going to say thank you and let this award die here… but since dying is not my favorite subject on the planet I’m not going to post any morbid pictures of skulls…
But from here on out I will make a pointed effort to give a shout out to well deserving bloggers for specific posts on a regular basis.
I’m going to give these questions a shot without the pretty pictures… Since he asked a total of 13. How Mysterious!!!!
1.What’s your third favorite color? Green. Black is #1 and Red is #2.
2.How do you get those annoying, stray pieces of popcorn our of your mouth, gums, teeth, etc…? What the heck? Don’t you know what toothpicks are for?
3.What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekend? I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it may incriminate those people with whom I do my favorite thing(s).
4. How many times in a day do you eat? Maybe two.
5. What’s your favorite cereal? I try to stay away from processed food, but if I eat cereal it has to be Honey Nut Cheerios.
6. What is your favorite pastime ? See question #3
7. What is your favorite book to read ? Why ? Right now I am reading “Existential Kink – Unmask Your Shadow and Embrace Your Power” by Carolyn Elliott PhD. It is pretty amazing and it has homework too.
My favorite books are “Permission to Mourn” and the sequel “Becoming Radiant” by Tom Zuba. These two books taught me a new way to do grief and helped me immensely.
8. Who do you think will outsmart the other the Road Runner or Daffy Duck? Duh, who runs the fastest?
9. What would you be doing on a rainy day? Playing my keyboard (badly), or writing.
10. What is your favorite type of music to listen to? Metal- the louder the better
11. What are some movies/books that you would recommend to me? See # 7… I don’t really do movies.
12. Spontaneous or plan-ahead-sort? A good mix.
13. Today, this very hour, could be your last. What is the one thing that you would do if you knew that today was your last day? I would make it the best day ever, say my goodbyes, close my eyes, wait to go see everyone I’ve been missing for so long, and look forward to getting all of my questions answered.
Thank you for nominating me! I’ll take you up on those Smores by the campfire now… I like my marshmallows burnt!